Lenino, Crimea

At the end of the 19th century, during the construction of the Kerch railway line, a village named Семь Колодезей – Seven Wells – began to form. Despite its name, the lack of fresh drinkable water made its development very hard. 
Wells, ponds and pipelines became to appear after World War II.

In 1954 Sem’ Kolodezey was transferred, as well as the whole Crimea, to Ukrainian SSR.
On the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the October Revolution, the town was transformed into an urban-type settlement and renamed Lenino.